Zucchini, Chickpea & Tomato Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, small dice
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 c cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 t ground cumin
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 5 red tomatoes, diced
- 6 c water
- 6 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas
- 6-8 basil leaves, chiffonade (garnish)
- Set to "sear" and add oil. When hot, add onions, bell peppers, and garlic. When onions are translucent, add potatoes, mushrooms, cumin, parsley, tomatoes, and water.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 8 minutes.
- When done, allow cooker to naturally release, then quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and add zucchini and chickpeas.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for an additional 3 minutes.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Garnish with basil. Serve.