Ziti with Sausage Ragu
- 2T olive oil
- 4oz thinly sliced pancetta, diced
2lbs pork shoulder, cut into 1¼-inch cubes
- 1lb Italian hot sausages, casings removed
- 2c chopped onions
¾c chopped carrots
¾c chopped celery
- 6 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
½t dried crushed red pepper
- 2c dry red wine
- 1 (28-oz) can plum tomatoes in juice, tomatoes chopped, juice reserved
1¼lbs ziti pasta, cooked
- 2c coarsely packed, grated whole-milk mozzarella
½c Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Set to "sear" and add pancetta. Sauté until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Remove pancetta and transfer to a bowl, leaving drippings in cooker.
- Sprinkle sea salt on pork shoulder cubes and add freshly ground black pepper. Add 1c of the red wine to drippings.
Place pork shoulder cubes in cooker and sauté until brown, about 7 minutes.
- Remove and transfer all pork to the bowl with pancetta.
Add Italian sausage to cooker and sauté until no longer pink, while breaking up meat, about 5 minutes.
Add onions, carrots, celery, thyme, garlic, bay leaves, and crushed red pepper. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add wine. Bring up to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Return pancetta and pork, with any accumulated juices, to cooker. Bring up to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "poultry" and adjust for 13 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open. Transfer to large bowl or platter. Mix in mozzarella and Parmesan until cheese is evenly distributed and thoroughly melted. Serve with pasta. Remove bay leaves before serving.