Yankee Pot Roast with Cider
- 1 (4-lb) boneless chuck roast
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 large onion, medium dice
- 2 large carrots, medium dice
- 4 ribs of celery, medium dice
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 c apple cider
- 1 qt beef stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 (16-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled, medium dice
- Press “SEAR” and add oil.
- Place beef in cooker and brown on all sides. Remove and place on a plate.
- Add vegetables to fat in bottom of cooker.
- Add vinegar, cider, fresh thyme and stock. Return beef to cooker.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Press “PRESSURE COOK”. Make sure pressure release valve is set to “CLOSE”. Press “PROG” and use the “START/PAUSE” dial to set to “Meat/Poultry”. Press “TIME” and set for 1½ hours.
- When done, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position.
- Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Remove roast to a platter and loosely cover with foil. Let rest for 5 min. before serving.