Wild Rice From Minnesota
1⅔T canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2c sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2c wild rice and brown rice medley, rinsed, drained
2½c vegetable stock
¼c freshly chopped parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
When hot, add onions and mushrooms and sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add rice to toast, cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off heat, add vegetable stock, and scrape to remove any rice stuck to the sides and the bottom.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "multi grain" and adjust for 20 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and fluff rice with fork.
- Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley, and serve.