Warm Ratatouille Salad Sandwich
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1 small eggplant (12 oz), sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 1 medium zucchini (6 oz), sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick strips
- 1 small summer squash (6 oz.), sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick strips
- 6 plum tomatoes, each halved
- 2½ T olive oil, divided
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- ¼ c fresh basil, leaves torn
- 4 c baby arugula
- 2 large thick slices sourdough or country bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- In a large bowl, toss vegetables with 1½ T oil, ½ t salt, and ½ t pepper.
- Lay all vegetables, eggplant and tomatoes, in Air Fry Basket.
- Preheat the Bravo and set to bake at 450°F for 6 min.
Place Basket on cooking rack in position 3. Bake until lightly charred and tender, 3-4 min.
- Remove and transfer eggplant and tomatoes only back to bowl. Remove the remaining vegetables and transfer to a cutting board.
- Slice peppers, zucchini, and squash. Add to bowl with eggplant and tomatoes. Gently toss with vinegar, basil, and arugula.
- Brush bread slices with remaining 1 T oil. Place in enamel baking pan. Set to toast at 450°F for 3 min.
- Remove slices and rub both sides with cut side of garlic clove.
- Cut each slice of bread in half and transfer to plates. Spoon salad and any juice over bread. Top with mozzarella and serve.