Wagyu Beef Burger with Fig Jam
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pt fresh figs, halved
- 2 c Pinot Noir
- 3 lbs ground Wagyu beef
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 white cheddar cheese slices
- 6 burger buns
Wagyu Beef Burgers
- For the jam, in a saucepan over medium heat, add oil and onions. Stir as soon as onions begin to brown. Reduce heat and cover with foil. Cook for 10 min., stirring halfway. Remove foil and continue to cook until onions are caramelized, about 15 min., stirring every 5 min.
- Add figs and Pinot Noir and simmer until all of the wine is absorbed and the figs and onions have cooked down into a thick jam.
- For the burgers, preheat the Bravo and set to broil at 500°F.
- Shape the beef into 6 equal-sized patties. Spray each burger with cooking spray and season with coarse powder.
Insert Probe into one patty. Set the Probe to 120°F for medium-rare. Place patties in baking pan. Place on cooking rack in position 2.
- Set to broil at 500°F (TOP only) for 4 min. Flip, and cook 4-5 min. until an internal temperature of 120°F is reached for medium-rare.
- When the Probe temperature reaches 115°F, slide out burgers and place 1 slice of cheese on each and melt. Remove burgers.
If toasting buns, open each and spray insides of halves with cooking spray. Place on cooking rack in position 2 and set to broil for 2 min., TOP only, until golden brown. Place the burgers on the buns and top with 2-3 T jam. Serve with fries.