Vegetarian Tofu with Spicy Tomato
½ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (14-oz) pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 c yellow onions, thin sliced
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 T Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 (14.5-oz) can tomatoes, diced, with liquid
½ c water
- 1 T soy sauce
¼ t sea salt
- Green onions, slice thin (garnish)
- Brown rice (optional)
Set to "sear" and add oil. When hot, add tofu. Cook, 2 minutes per side. Place on a plate; set aside.
- Leave 3T of oil in pot and add onions. Cook until tender and light brown. Stir in tomato paste and Asian chili garlic sauce. Combine.
- Add tomatoes, water, and soy sauce. Return tofu to cooker.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "steam/veggies" and adjust for 3 minutes.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Open. Carefully open lid and stir and transfer to platter. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately with brown rice (optional).