Vegetable Egg Rolls
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, plus extra 1tablespoon, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
½ sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 celery stalk, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
½ small cabbage head, shredded
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 40-50 egg roll wrappers
Heat Wok to 375°F and add the 2 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add onion, celery, and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar, and continue to stir-fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and place on a sheet tray to cool down. Turn heat off.
- Take one egg roll wrapper and place on a clean surface. The point nearest to you should be directly facing you.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the filling, making a horizontal line across.
- Roll the point of the wrapper closest to you over the filling. Fold in the two side corners.
- Dampen the remaining open point with water. Finish rolling the egg roll away from you.
Heat Wok to 375°F and add the extra 1 tablespoon of peanut oil.
- Place 2 egg rolls in Wok, seam-side down. Fry for about 5 to 8 minutes, turning them constantly to ensure even cooking. Fry the egg rolls in 2 separate batches.
- When cooked, drain on paper towels.
Serve with a plum sauce or a sweet and sour sauce.