Vegetable, Beef & Rice Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 celery stalk, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 qts beef stock
- 1 (15-oz) can crushed tomatoes
½ c white rice, uncooked
- 1 (15-oz) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 potato, peeled, medium dice
- 2 carrots, peeled, small dice
½ c peas, frozen
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 15 minutes, press "start/stop", and add ground beef. Cook through completely. Remove beef; set aside.
- Add oil to the cooker. When oil is hot, add onions and celery. Cook until onions are tender.
- Pour in stock and add tomatoes, rice, beans, potatoes, and carrots. Return ground beef to cooker.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 4 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open. Stir in peas and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into serving bowl and enjoy.