Vegan Vegetable Masala
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 (15-oz) can tomatoes, with juice, diced
½ T cayenne pepper
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 c red onions, diced
- 1 c yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 c red potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 c cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 c carrots, peeled, diced
½ T chili powder
1-½ t garam masala
½ c water
½ c coconut milk
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, add ginger, garlic, tomatoes with juice, and cayenne pepper. Pulse until combined.
Set to "sear" and add oil. When hot, add onions and bell pepper. Sauté until onions are soft.
- Add potatoes, carrots, cauliflower florets, chili powder, garam masala, blended tomato mixture, coconut milk, and water.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "steam/veggies" and adjust for 3 minutes.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve hot.