Vegan Sweet & Spicy Cabbage with Caraway
- 1 T sesame seed oil
- 3 lbs white cabbage, divided into 8 wedges
1-¼ c, plus 2 t water, divided
¼ c apple cider vinegar
- 1 t raw Demerara sugar
½ t cayenne powder
½ t red pepper flakes
- 1 t caraway
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 t cornstarch
Set to "sear", add oil, and brown cabbage wedges on each side for 3 minutes. Once browned, remove cabbage. Add 1-¼c water, vinegar, add Demerara sugar, cayenne, caraway, and hot pepper flakes and stir. Return cabbage wedges to cooker and sprinkle grated carrot on top.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "steam/veggies" for 5 minutes.
- When done, allow cooker to naturally release, then quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove wedges. Arrange on a platter. Keep liquid in the pressure cooker.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear". Mix the cornstarch with 2t of the water and pour into pressure cooker. Stir until boiling and/or liquid is thickened. Once thickened, pour sauce on top of cabbage and serve.