- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup bulgur, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced (about 2 medium or 6 plum tomatoes)
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot on Medium-High (375°F).
- Add onions, carrots and jalapeños and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until onions become soft and translucent.
- Add garlic to pot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bulgur, chili powder and cumin one at a time, mixing well after adding each ingredient, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans.
- Bring pot to boil on Max/Sear.
- Once boil is achieved, lower heat to Medium (275°F).
- Once chili reach simmer, cover pot and continue to cook for about 1 hour, or until beans are tender.
- Mix in salt and garnish with cilantro.