- 2½ c flour, all purpose
- ¼ c sugar, granulated plus 1T extra
- 1T baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 1 egg
- 12 T butter, unsalted, cold, cubed
½ c milk
1 T vanilla bean paste
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 1 T whole milk
- ½ t vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using an electric mixer, add flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Add the cubed butter, and mix until the dough forms tiny balls.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk egg, vanilla, milk, and add to mixer. The dough will come together and form a ball.
Remove dough and transfer to a floured work area. Shape dough into a 1-inch-thick circle. Divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Bake for 10-12 min. or until golden brown edges form.
For the Glaze
Whisk powdered sugar, whole milk, and vanilla bean paste together until thick and creamy.
- Pour glaze over the warm scones.