Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 2 lbs turkey breast
- Water (enough to cover turkey breast)
- 1 onion, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, whole, peeled
- 2-3 T chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 3 qts chicken stock
- 2 carrots, peeled, small dice
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Avocado, small dice
- Tortilla strips
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Queso fresco, crumbled
- Lime wedges
- Add turkey breast to pressure cooker and cover with water. Add onion and garlic. Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "poultry", and adjust time to 30 minutes, and press "start/stop".
When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Remove turkey breast and set aside on cutting board; allow to cool.
Remove onion halves and whole garlic cloves. Add to a blender or food processor along with chipotle peppers and lime juice. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Add stock, carrots, and chipotle pepper blend to pressure cooker.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 3 minutes, and press "start/stop". While soup is cooking, shred turkey breast with a fork.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Add shredded turkey and stir. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into serving dishes and top each with avocado, tortilla strips, cilantro, queso fresco, and lime wedges.