Tomato Basil Bisque with Herb Croutons
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 oz peeled and diced carrot
- 1 large yellow onion, small dice
- 1 T dried basil
- 3 cans (28-oz each) whole
- Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 (14½-oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c heavy (whipping) cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T lightly packed fresh basil leaves, cut into fine ribbons
- herb croutons (for garnish)
- Press “SEAR” and add olive oil.
- When hot, add onions, dried basil, and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add cans of tomatoes, low-sodium chicken broth, salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Press “PRESSURE COOK”. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “CLOSE” position. Press “PROG” and use the “START/PAUSE” dial to set to “Meat/Poultry”. Cook for 40 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release remaining pressure by turning the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position.
- Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Open. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream and stir to combine.
- Pour into bowls, top with fresh basil ribbons and herb croutons, and serve.