Tom Ka Gai
- 2 (14-oz) cans coconut milk
- 2c water
¾lb shredded chicken, boiled or roasted
- 1T fresh ginger, peeled, julienned
- 1T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2T Sriracha sauce
- 2T fish sauce
- 2 (3-inch-long) pieces lemon grass
½ red onion, small size, julienned
¼t cayenne pepper
- 1 kaffir or bay leaf, fresh (preferred) or dried
- 1 lime, zest and juice
¼c cilantro leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- 2 green onions, sliced thin (for garnish)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Set to "sear" and add olive oil. Add onions, turmeric, cayenne pepper, kaffir or bay leaf. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Spices will lightly brown.
- Flatten out lemon grass using a rolling pin or pan. Chop up fine and add to cooker.
- Add ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and Sriracha. Pour in coconut milk and water. Add chicken.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 7 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and stir. Season to taste, if necessary, and add sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Add lime zest and juice. Stir to combine.
- Garnish soup with cilantro and green onions.