¼ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
½ c fresh basil, finely chopped
½ c fish stock
- 2 c pale ale
¼ c dry white wine
- 1 c water
- 3 lbs fresh clams
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". When hot, add garlic and onions and cook until fragrant. Add basil and stir to release fragrance. Press "start/stop" to end sear.
- Place steamer rack in bottom of cooker. Add fish stock, beer, wine, and water to pressure cooker. Place clams on rack. Squeeze lemon juice over seafood.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "fish", adjust time to 4 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening. Carefully open lid and discard any unopened shellfish. Using tongs, remove clams and transfer to a deep serving bowl. Pour remaining liquid over clams. Serve immediately.