The Over the Top Burger
- 2 lbs ground Wagyu beef
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1 c hot demi-glace (Knorr®)
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ c Madeira or red wine
- 4 T unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 4 brioche buns
- 8 oz duck foie gras, sliced into ½-inch-thick slabs, chilled
- 1 oz black truffle, thinly sliced
- Preheat Bravo and set to broil at 500°F (TOP only).
- Form ground Wagyu into 8-oz. patties. Spray both sides of patties and season with salt and pepper.
Place in baking pan. Insert Probe and set to 120°F for medium-rare. Place on cooking rack in position 2.
Set to broil at 500°F (TOP only) for 4 min. Flip, and cook for an additional 4-5 min. until an internal temperature of 120°F is reached, for medium rare. Remove; set aside.
- Season foie gras with salt and pepper. Place in baking pan and set to broil at 500°F until brown, about 2 min. Flip and cook for an additional 2 min. Transfer foie gras to paper towels.
- To toast the buns, open each and spread on butter. Place on cooking rack in position 2 and set to broil for 2 min., TOP only, until golden brown.
- Shave the truffles into the hot demi-glace. Let warm for 1 minute.
- To assemble burgers, place patty on bun bottom and drizzle with a little sauce. Top each burger with slice of foie gras and add a few truffle slices with warm demi-glace. Sprinkle on salt and top with other half of bun.