Thai Steak Salad
- ¼ c freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ c rice wine vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T sugar
- ¼-½ t red pepper flakes
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 1 (2-lb) skirt steak
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ lb carrots, julienned
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into 1-inch ribbons
- ½ c fresh mint leaves
- 1 c fresh bean sprouts (optional)
⅓ c salted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Add all marinade ingredients to large NuWave Twister cup. Using the flat blade, pulse until emulsified.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and transfer to baking dish or Flavor-Lockers Container.
- Pour ¼ marinade over steak, turning to coat all sides. Reserve remaining marinade. Refrigerate steak for 2 hrs.
- Place steak in baking pan and cook at 400°F for 3-5 minutes. Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- While steak rests, combine carrots, lettuce, mint, sprouts, and peanuts in large bowl. Add reserved marinade to salad. Toss to combine.
- Slice steak across the grain into ¼-inch slices and cut slices in half crosswise. Top salad with steak slices and season with salt and pepper.