Sweet & Sour Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, large dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, large dice
- 1 red pepper, seeded, large dice
- 1 green pepper, seeded, large dice
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c apple cider vinegar
- 4 T ketchup
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add garlic, onions, and bell peppers. Add oil and mix well to coat veggies. Place vegetables in Basket and set to 360°F.
- Halfway through cooking, pull out Basket and shake contents.
In the same large mixing bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, ketchup, cornstarch, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Mix well; set aside.
- Once vegetables have cooked for 7 minutes, add chicken to Basket. Cook for 10 min. Until chicken reaches Probe internal temperature of 160°F.
- Once chicken reaches 165°F internal temperature checked with an hand held thermometer around 7 to 9 minutes. Add chicken to an casserole dish and pour sauce over chicken and vegetables. Stir to coat. Cook for an additional 5 minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove and serve with rice.