Sweet Potatoes Fries with Pepper Honey
- 2 ea sweet potatoes
1 T extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 12 ea fresh sage (rough chopped)
3 T honey
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
sea salt to taste
hot water (optional)
- Cutting the fries: Place sweet potatoes onto cutting board. Cut and remove the tips and place in compost bucket. Cut sweet potatoes in half, cut on angel following curve of the potato for even cut sweet potato fries, or straight down for different size country sweet potato fries. Cut each half 3 or 4 times to make 4 to 5 fries from each half.
- Place the fries in a bowl drizzle with 2 T olive oil not for frying but enhancing flavor, season with a pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Rough chop around 12 sprigs of fresh sage. Place on top and toss to coat all the potatoes.
- Preheat Brio to 375°F
- Open the fryer basket stack the potatoes. Cook 7 minutes pull out shake cook 6 more minutes Cook 2 more minutes.
- To make the pepper honey place 3 T of honey and a whole bunch of fresh ground black pepper and a pinch of sea salt in a small bowl blend with a spoon if to thick you may add some hot water to thin it out.
- Remove fries from the fryer and stack drizzle with the pepper honey and serve.