Sweet and Spicy Tofu with Slaw
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound tofu, firm or extra firm
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Toss cabbage and carrots together in large bowl; set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining slaw ingredients, whisking to incorporate.
- Drizzle sauce over cabbage and carrots, tossing to coat well. Set slaw aside.
- Remove tofu from package and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In large shallow dish, combine all remaining tofu ingredients to make dry rub.
- Press each tofu cube into dry rub to coat all sides well.
- Coat Cast Iron Griddle in oil and heat on Max/Sear.
- Once oil starts to smoke, turn PIC down to 300°F.
Begin placing tofu cubes on griddle; cook each side for 30-40 seconds, or until slightly golden.
- Transfer cooked tofu to dish and continue cooking remaining tofu.
- Divide slaw into four portions and top each with tofu.