Sunday Burger Casserole
- 1½lb. ground chunks (85% lean/15% fat)
- 1 packet Lipton® onion soup mix, 1 oz.
- 1 packet McCormick® meatloaf seasoning, 1½oz.
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 1T canola oil
- 1 onion (medium dice)
- 1½lbs. red potato (quartered)
- 4 packets McCormick® gravy
- 4c water
- 8oz. baby carrots
- 10oz. frozen sweet peas
- Place the ground chuck, onion soup mix, and meatloaf seasoning into a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the beef mixture into 2oz. portions, forming the portions into patties.
- Press Menu and turn the Select dial to Menu Preset 59 (Bake at 350˚F with 20% Rear Heat, 40% Top Heat, 40% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 1). Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating.
- In a frying pan, sear each patty for 1 minute on each side over a high heat, and place them in a roasting pan. Then, over a med-high heat, sauté the onions in canola oil for 5 minutes to soften them. When they are ready, spread the onions over the burgers and add the red potatoes.
- In a medium saucepan, slowly pour the water over the brown gravy mix to dissolve the powder. Stirring frequently, cook the gravy over a medium heat until it comes to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 1 minute. Pour the gravy over the burger and vegetables, stirring well, until everything is coated. Then, cover the roasting pan.
- Once preheated, the oven will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to place your food in the oven. Open the oven Door and place the roasting pan onto the Wire Rack in position 1. Close the oven Door to begin cooking under Menu Preset 59 for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, the oven will beep 3 times. Open the oven Door and remove the roasting pan. Add the baby carrots and stir to incorporate them into the casserole. Cover the roasting pan again and place it back into the oven. Close the oven Door to resume cooking under Menu Preset 59 for another 58 minutes.
- After 58 minutes, the oven will beep 3 times. Open the oven Door and remove the roasting pan. Stir in the frozen peas, cover the roasting pan and return it to its place in the oven. Close the oven Door to resume cooking under Menu Preset 59 for another 2 minutes, after which the oven will beep 3 times and display “END”.
- Remove the roasting pan and let it sit for 5 minutes, covered, to finish cooking the peas.
- Serve and enjoy.