- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 white onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 c tomato sauce, divided
- 2 t olive oil
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t fresh ground black pepper
- 2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 2 c cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
Cut off upper parts of bell peppers and remove stems and seeds. In a pot of boiling water, place peppers in and cook for 3 minutes. Take out; set aside.
- Preheat at 400°F.
- In a skillet, heat oil and add onions and garlic. Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. When done, turn off heat, remove, and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, ½ c tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1c cheddar cheese, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, and cooled onion mixture.
- Fill up peppers with beef filling and top with remaining tomato sauce and shredded cheese.
- Arrange peppers in Basket and set at 400°F for 20 minutes. Serve hot with white rice.