- 1 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 t fennel seeds
- 1 t ground celery seeds
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T dried thyme
- 1 T dried rosemary
- 6 c fish stock
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c clam juice
- 4 T tomato paste
- 1 c beer (ale)
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 2 lbs large shrimp, tails on, cleaned, deveined
- 1 loaf hearty bread (sourdough)
- Parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Add all spices in a pestle and mortar. Using the pestle, push down and crush (do not grind) the spices into the bowl. If not using a pestle and mortar, make a pouch of wax paper. Take a heavy pan and crush the spices.
- Add spices, stock, garlic, clam juice, and tomato paste to pressure cooker.
- Carefully open lid and add beer. Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 20 minutes, and press "start/stop". Add butter and allow to melt. Add shrimp. Cook until shrimp are opaque. Do not overcook. Serve in bowls and garnish with parsley. Serve with crusty bread.