- ½ lb chicken livers, cleaned and rinsed, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 lb bacon slices, each cut into thirds
- 1 (5-oz) can whole water chestnuts, quartered
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 t fresh ginger, minced
- 4 T maple syrup
- 3 T soy sauce
- 2 T red pepper flakes
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping (optional)
- Place chicken livers in a plastic resealable bag along with soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Marinate for 2 hours.
Remove livers from marinade; set aside. Lay the bacon slices on a flat surface. Brush one side of bacon with maple syrup. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes over bacon then place a piece of liver at one end of the bacon. Top with piece of water chestnut and slice of jalapeño.
- Wrap the bacon around the liver, chestnut, jalapeño stack by rolling it up. Slightly stretch the bacon to ensure a tight wrap. Continue this until all liver is used.
- Place rumaki seam-side down in Basket. Brush with more maple syrup. Set to 400°F.
- Cook for 6 minutes flip and cook 6 to 7 minutes to an internal temperature of 165°F. Checking with a hand held thermometer.
- Once bacon has cooked to desired crispiness, remove rumaki and serve with a sweet chili sauce (optional).