Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 t ground cumin
½ t cayenne pepper
- 1 t oregano, dried
- 1 t ground coriander
½ t ground cinnamon
- 1 t smoked paprika
3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, ½-inch cubes
- 6 c chicken stock
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small dice
- 1 green bell pepper, small dice
2 jalapeños, small dice
- 1 lime, juice only
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- *Sour cream and cilantro (for garnish)
Set to "sear" and add oil, onions, bell peppers, and jalapeños. Cook until translucent. Add garlic and spices and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the squash and chicken stock. Close lid and set to "soup". Adjust for 5 minutes. Do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Open. Check to see if butternut squash is fully cooked.
- Once done, using a stick blender or a food processor, blend all together until creamy and smooth. Pour back into pot, add lime juice, and season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
If it's too thick, add more stock. Serve hot and top with sour cream and cilantro.