- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1 t ground cumin
½ t ground turmeric
- 5 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided (2 T, 3 T)
- 1 t Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 t sweet smoked paprika
- 12 baby eggplant, each quartered lengthwise
½ c water
- Sea salt
½ c cilantro, rough chop (garnish)
- In a small bowl, mix ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, 2T oil, chili powder, and paprika, set aside. Apply spice mixture to each eggplant.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add 3T oil. Place eggplant quarters in cooker in a single layer. Cook until golden brown (cook in batches, if necessary). Once all have been browned, add all eggplant to pressure cooker and add water.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies", adjust time to 4 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and remove eggplant. Arrange eggplant on platter. Top with cilantro and drizzle with additional olive oil. Season with salt.