- 1 whole chicken, 3lbs. to 5lbs., spatchcocked
- 4t sea salt
- 3t freshly ground black pepper
Butter Paste Ingredients
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Plug the plug-in Grill into the unit in Position 1.
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 34. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once.
- Open the door and place the chicken on the plug-in Grill, breast-side up. Insert the Probe into thickest part of breast.
- Close the door to begin Stage 1 (400˚F Top heat 50% and Bottom heat 50% to an internal Probe temperature of 80˚F). Once the Probe target temperature is reached, the unit will beep three times. Open the unit and flip the chicken.
- Close the door to begin Stage 2 (325˚F Top heat 50% and Bottom heat 50% to an internal Probe temperature of 155˚F), after which the unit will double beep three times.
- Open the door and remove the chicken, leaving the Probe in to monitor carryover cooking. When the carryover target temperature of 165˚F is reached, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- Carve and serve.