Soy-Glazed Chicken Yakitori
- 8 metal skewers
- 1 lb chicken thighs skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 shiitake mushroom caps, quartered
- ½ c soy sauce
- ¼ c mirin
- 2 T kecap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
- 2 T sugar
- 1 T ginger, minced
- 1 T Sriracha chile sauce
- 1 t garlic, minced
- Cooking spray
- Thread each metal skewer with 3 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces each of scallions and mushrooms.
- In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, mirin, kecap manis, sugar, ginger, Sriracha, and garlic. Bring up to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring until slightly thickened, 8 minutes.
- Spray the baking pan with cooking spray. Cook at 350°F for 4 min.
- When 4 minutes is up, brush with glaze (sauce) and cook for an additional 2 min.