Sicilian Sausage Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
½ lb Italian sausage, ground
- 1 white onion, small dice
½ t fennel seeds
- 3 carrots, peeled, small dice
- 2 celery stalks, small dice
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
¼ c fresh parsley, fine chop
- 2 T fresh basil, fine chop
½ c Ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 4 c chicken stock
½ c Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, cracked
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 15 minutes, press "start/stop", and add oil. When hot, add sausage, onions, and fennel seeds. Cook until sausage browns.
- Add carrots and celery and continue to cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, parsley, basil, pasta, and chicken stock.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "meat/stew" and adjust time to 10 minutes and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.