Shrimp de Jonghe & Couscous
¼ c butter, plus 2T extra, divided
- 2 large shallots, peeled, diced
- 3 T garlic, minced
¾ c white wine
1½ lbs (16-20) large shrimp, peeled, deveined
¾ c chicken stock
1½ T lemon juice
¼ t crushed red pepper
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
1½ c couscous
⅓ c grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 T fresh parsley, minced
Press "PRESSURE COOK" then press "SEAR" and turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust time to 7 min. Press "TEMP" and turn "START/PAUSE" to adjust to 200°F. Press "START/PAUSE" to preheat for 5 min.
When preheated, add ¼ c butter, plus 1T to the Inner Pot. Once melted, add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced, about 1 min. Add shrimp, stock, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Stir.
Place on Pressure Cooker Lid. Ensure the Pressure Release Switch/ Valve is in the "CLOSE" position. Press "PRESSURE COOK" and use default pressure "HIGH". Turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust to 1 min. Press "START/PAUSE" to start cooking.
When done, quick release the pressure by moving the Pressure Release Switch/Valve to the "OPEN" position.
- After all pressure/steam has been released, carefully remove Lid. Add couscous and remaining 1T butter. Stir to combine. Place on Slow Cook (glass) Lid and let sit for 5 min.
- After 5 min. add Parmesan cheese and parsley and stir to combine. Serve warm.