- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, large, rinsed, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 1 carrot, peeled, small dice
- 2 stalks celery, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 qts fish stock
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 2 c heavy cream
- Sea salt
- White pepper, ground
- Crusty bread (garnish, optional)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add oil. When hot, add leek, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add fish stock and shrimp to pressure cooker and close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "fish" and adjust time to 5 minutes and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Remove _c cooked shrimp and set aside for garnish. Use an immersion blender, blender, or food processor to blend all contents of soup. Blend until smooth.
Strain soup through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a large bowl; set aside.
- Clean pot of pressure cooker and place back into cooker. Set cooker to "sear", adjust time to 15 minutes, press "start/stop", and add butter to melt. Once melted, add flour and stir to make a roux. Cook roux for about 5-7 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in strained soup. Constantly whisk while adding soup to avoid lumps.
- Add heavy cream. Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". Allow bisque to simmer until desired consistency is reached.
- Ladle bisque into serving dishes and top with a few shrimp. Serve hot with crusty bread.