Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 12 large shrimp, cleaned, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 leaves green cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 cups cooked jasmine or long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (and additional amount to taste)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat Wok to 425°F. A drop of water should sizzle on contact. Add peanut oil and swirl to coat.
- Add shrimp and rice wine and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp just turns pink.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate, set aside.
- Add eggs, scallions, and sesame oil to Wok and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add cabbage in and stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Turn heat down to 375°F and add rice. Toss, mixing everything together.
- Add shrimp back to Wok and mix. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until shrimp are all opaque.
- Turn off heat and add the soy sauce, stirring in to incorporate. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.