Shrimp and Citrus Cocktail
- 12 ounces of beer (1 can) or water
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
1½ pounds of large shrimp (21/25’s) peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a medium size saucepan, combine the beer and seasonings.
- Push the Sear button (575 degrees) and bring mixture to boil.
- Add the shrimp and bring back to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain shrimp and place in a water bath for fast cooling.
- Don’t let them sit in water for too long as this causes mushy shrimp.
- Place in refrigerator until ready for service.
- Combine all ingredients and stir. Serve with shrimp.