- 6 lbs chicken thighs
- 4-inch piece ginger, rough chop
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
¾ c mirin
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 2 c soy sauce
- 5 c chicken stock
- 1 t black pepper
- 5 T cornstarch, dissolved in 5 T cold water
- Scallions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Add all ingredients to pressure cooker except cornstarch mixture and scallions.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "poultry", adjust time to 25 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove chicken to serving platter to rest.
- Skim off fat from liquid left in pot. Set cooker to "sear", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". Bring sauce to a simmer then add cornstarch mixture. Stir and mix well.
- Simmer until sauce reaches desired consistency. Ladle over chicken on serving platter. Garnish with scallions. Serve hot.