- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 T tomato paste
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
4-6 oz red wine
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 3-4 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 c beef stock
- 3 c mashed potatoes, fresh or leftover
- 1 egg
2¼ c Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
Kosher salt & butcher ground black pepper to taste
- Set Bravo to broil for 500°F.
Add ground beef to a 10-inch roasting pan and cook on cooking rack in position 2 for 4-5 min. until browned. Drain grease; reserve.
- Place roasting pan back into Bravo and set to broil for 500°F. Add rendered beef fat to pan. Add grated onions and carrots, cook 2 min.
- Add cooked beef and tomato paste. Broil for 1 min. to caramelize onions. Add Worcestershire and wine and cook 8 min. to reduce.
- Add beef stock and cook 10 min. until thick, meaty gravy develops. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and place in refrigerator to cool down, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, place cooked mashed potatoes, egg, salt, pepper, and 2c Parmesan cheese. Spoon or pipe mashed potatoes onto meat. Using a palette knife, smooth top and sides of mashed potatoes to make pie.
- Add ¼ c cheese to top. Place pie with pan in Bravo and set to broil at 500°F for 12-15 min. or until potato browns on top.