Sautéed Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mini carrots
- ½ head fresh broccoli crowns
- ¼ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Heat oil in 3.5-quart pot on Medium-High (375°F).
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sauté in pot for 6 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and add steamer basket to pot.
- Add carrots and broccoli to basket, cover and cook for additional 6-8 minutes.
- Remove lid and transfer chicken and vegetables to plate. Cover, keep warm and set aside.
- Pour wine into hot skillet and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly until reduced by half. Scrape up any bits from bottom of pan as you cook.
- Whisk in cream, mustard, and tarragon and cook, while whisking, for about 2 minutes.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in any accumulated chicken juices from plate into sauce.
- Drizzle cream sauce over chicken and serve with broccoli and carrots.
- You can use 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh tarragon instead of dried tarragon, if desired.
- Pound chicken into uniform thickness to ensure even cooking.