Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- 1c water
⅔ c cocoa
- 1 t vinegar
½ c butter, slightly softened
- 1¼ c sugar, granulated
- ¼ c, plus 1T vegetable oil
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1¾ c all-purpose flour
- ½ t salt
- ½ t baking soda
- ¾ c butter, softened
- 3½ c powdered sugar
⅔ c salted caramel sauce, room temperature
- ¼ t salt
1-2 T heavy cream or milk, room temperature
For Chocolate Cupcakes
For Salted Caramel Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Boil 1c water and whisk in cocoa and vinegar untilsmooth. Let cool.
While cocoa mixture cools, in a stand mixer, beat 1 stick butter for 4-5 minutes on high. Add sugar and beat for another couple minutes. Add the oil and eggs, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add to the mixer and mix until just combined.
Fill each Silicone Cupcake Liner about ⅔ full.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool completely on a wire rack. Remove from Liners.
Beat butter until smooth, then mix in 3c of powdered sugar on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and fluffy. Add in remaining ½ c powdered sugar and repeat steps.
Beat in caramel sauce, salt and enough of the milk or cream to reach a smooth consistency. Frost the cupcakes.