Rustic Italian Pizza
- 12 oz refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 c fresh basil leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat to 400°F 30/70. (Use pizza stone, optional.)
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Roll dough into an 11-inch circle on a floured surface. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork.
- Brush with olive oil. Top evenly with garlic, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
Carefully arrange dough on pizza stone. Bake at 400°F 30/70 for 12 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Season with salt and pepper. Cut into 12 slices and serve.