Roasted Game Hens with Roasted Carrots and Caraway
- 1lb. assorted carrots, peeled, cut into large pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1T whole caraway seeds
- 2oz. white wine
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 game hens, 1lb. each
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4-6 fresh cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- In a bowl, toss the carrots in oil, caraway seeds, white wine and sea salt. Place the carrots on the plug-in Grill.
- Season the hens with olive oil, salt and pepper, and stuff each cavity with garlic and thyme. Insert the Probe into one of the hens and place them on the plug-in Grill.
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 35. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Open the unit and plug the plug-in Grill in Position 1. Close the door to begin Stage 1, (350˚F 50% Top heat and 50% Bottom heat to an internal Probe temperature of 110˚F), after which the unit will beep and move on to Stage 2 (400˚F 70% Top heat and 30% Bottom heat to an internal Probe temperature of 140˚F), after which the unit will beep three times.
- Open the unit and turn the hens. Remove the carrots, reserving and keeping them warm.
- Close the unit to begin Stage 3 (450˚F 70% Top heat and 30% Bottom heat to an internal Probe temperature of 155˚F), after which the unit will double beep 3 times. Open the doorand remove the hens. Tent them with foil, leaving in the Probe to monitor carryover cooking to 165˚F.
- When the carryover target temperature is reached, the unit will beep three times and display “End”. Carve and serve with carrots.