Roasted Cornish Game Hen with Honey Mustard Glaze
- 1 (1½ pound) cornish hen
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black Pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup stone ground dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Press “Pre-Heat”, set temperature at 400˚F and set cooking time at 20 minutes. Press “Start”.
- Season hen inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place bay leaf, garlic, thyme and chili flakes inside the cavity of the hen.
- Brush hen with oil.
- Once ready, place hen, breast side down, in Fry Pan Basket and roast.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, mustard, vinegar, cumin and cilantro in a bowl.
- Brush over the hen.
- Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
Check the hen after roasting to see if the leg pulls away easily from the body and the meat is no longer pink. Cover with foil, and flip half way through. If the meat is still pink, roast for an additional 5-10 minutes.