- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ white onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Set Skillet to 400ºF and add butter, olive oil then, onions and sauté for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce to 300ºF and rice and stir to incorporate.
- Add chicken stock, salt, and cayenne pepper to Skillet and mix to incorporate.
- Cover and continue cooking at 300ºF for 35 minutes, then turn off.
- Fold in peas, parsley and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.