- 1T olive oil
1 jalapeño, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
1 small onion, chopped (½c)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1½lbs dry pinto beans, rinsed
- 8c water
- 4c chicken or vegetable broth
- 2t sea salt
- 2T white vinegar
Set to "sear" and add oil, jalapeño, onions, and garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add beans, water, broth, sea salt, and vinegar.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "multi grain" and adjust for 35 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open. Reserve 2 cups of the liquid in a separate bowl. Drain the rest of liquid.
- Using an immersion blender or potato masher, process/mash beans to desired consistency, adding reserved cooking water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve, refrigerate, or freeze.