Red Beans & Rice
- 3 T olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground smoked sausage, preferably
- andouille, sliced into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 2 medium onions, small dice
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T Creole seasoning
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium rib celery, diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1 T dried basil
3 bay leaves
1 lb dried red beans
- 1 scallions, thinly sliced
2 T hot sauce (of choice) (for garnish)
Cooked rice (to serve with)
- Press “SEAR” and add oil. When oil is hot, add sausage and brown, stirring frequently. Remove to paper towel-lined plate. Leave the grease in the pot.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender, add Creole seasoning, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add celery and bell pepper. Cook until celery is translucent.
- Add beans, bay leaves, basil and enough water to cover.
- Return sausage to cooker and stir.
- Place on Pressure Cooker Lid. Press “PRESSURE COOK”. Press “PROG” then turn “START/ PAUSE” dial to select “Grains” and adjust for 35 minutes.
- Cook rice separately according to package instructions.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position. Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Check to see if beans are tender. If underdone, set for an additional 3 minutes, and then natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, turn the pressure release valve to “OPEN”. Quick release until all pressure is released. Repeat, if necessary.
- When beans are tender, stir in scallions. Reserve some scallions for garnish. Serve over rice.