Red Beans and Rice
- 3T olive oil or vegetable oil
1lb ground smoked sausage, preferably andouille, sliced into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 2 medium onions, small dice
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1T Creole seasoning
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium rib celery, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1T dried basil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1lb dried red beans
- 1 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2T hot sauce (of choice) (garnish)
- Cooked rice (to serve with)
- Set to "sear" and add oil. When oil is hot, add sausage and brown, stirring frequently. Remove to paper towel-lined plate. Leave the grease in the pot.
Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender, add Creole seasoning, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add celery and bell pepper. Cook until celery is translucent.
- Add beans, bay leaves, and enough water to cover.
- Return sausage to cooker and stir.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "multi grain" and adjust for 35 minutes.
- Cook rice separately according to package instructions.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and check to see if beans are tender. If underdone, set for an additional 3 minutes, and then natural release for 35 minutes, quick release until all pressure is released. Repeat, if necessary.
- When beans are tender, stir in scallions. Reserve some scallions for garnish.
- Serve over rice.