- 2 t garlic powder
- 3 c cannellini beans, dried, rinsed
- 6 c water
- 12 oz bacon, small dice
- 2 yellow onions, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1-½ lbs duck confit legs
- 4 c chicken stock
- 3 T tomato paste
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Add beans to pressure cooker and cover with water. Add more water to cover beans by 2 inches, if needed. Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "beans", adjust time to 5 minutes, and press "start/stop".
When done, allow beans to remain in pressure cooker for 7 minutes, then do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and drain beans; set aside.
Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 10 minutes, add bacon, and press "start/stop". Sauté bacon until crisp. Add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Return beans to pressure cooker and add duck confit, chicken stock, tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". When done, naturally release for 20 minutes, then do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid, remove duck legs, and carve. Check stew for seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Remove thyme and bay leaf. Ladle cassoulet into serving dishes and serve.