Pork with Spicy Green Beans
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
2-½-lb pork tenderloin, 1-inch cubes
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T brown sugar
- 2 T ground ancho chili powder
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed, trimmed
- 2 white onion, (1 quartered, 1 thin slice)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
½ c water
- 1 bay leaf, dried or fresh
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". Season pork with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. When hot, add meat and sear all sides, cooking in batches, if necessary. Remove pork; set aside.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, brown sugar, ancho chile powder, garlic, onion quarters, and water to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add thinly sliced onions and green beans, and press "start/stop". When onions are soft, return pork to the pressure cooker. Add blender contents, bay leaf, and fresh thyme.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust time to 20 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and remove bay leaf. Stir and season to taste.