Pork Roast in Red Wine
1-½-lb pork shoulder, 1-inch cubes
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1-½ c onions, small dice
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 c tomato juice
- 1 c red wine
½ t cayenne pepper
½ t oregano dried
¼ t ground nutmeg
- 1 bunch of kale
- Cooked rice or orzo pasta
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Season pork with salt and pepper and add to large mixing bowl. Add Dijon mustard and coat pork.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add 1T oil, adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add pork. Sear pork on all sides, cooking in batches, if necessary. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil, onions, garlic, and bay leaves. When onions are golden brown, add tomato juice, red wine, cayenne pepper, oregano, and nutmeg. Return pork to cooker.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust time to 45 minutes and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and add kale. Stir and close lid. Let kale wilt slightly, about 5 minutes. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Serve stew with rice or orzo pasta.