Pork Chops in Adobo Sauce
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
½ c white onions, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
6 pork chops, bone-in, center-loin cut, ½ inch thick
- 1 (29-oz) can tomato sauce
1 (7 ½-oz) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 c beef stock
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and adjust time to 20 minutes. Add oil and press "start/stop". When hot, add onions and garlic. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove onions and garlic.
Place pork chops in pressure cooker and sear about 2 minutes both sides (cook in batches, if necessary); set aside.
- In a blender, add onions, garlic, tomato sauce, and chipotle peppers (add more peppers for more heat). Blend until smooth. Add blended mixture to pressure cooker. With a wooden spoon, scrape bits off bottom of pot. Return chops to cooker and add beef stock.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed.